American Music Awards Re-Cap
What an evening of firsts!! Last night I hosted the Dick Clark Productions/ABC.com live stream of the American Music Awards Pre-Show. It was an hour and a half of non-stop activity…and SO much fun! Needless to say, I slept in this morning… but I thought I’d share some of the highlights of my “firsts” with you:
1. AUDIENCE – The show had the largest online streaming audience in the history of the AMA’s (and quite possibly other live streaming shows) with over 3.3 million viewers on YouTube, Facebook, and other sites carrying the AMA LIVE widget.
2. INTERVEWS – I interviewed Mary J Blige and LOVED her. I’d interviewed a lot of these folks before, either at the Grammy’s or Golden Globes, but she was a first, as well as a few others (Demi Lovato, who was a sweetheart, and Kid Cudi, who didn’t mind when I started belting out “Day and Night.”) All of the celebs on the carpet were extremely gracious and patient, because with live shows, they often have to wait until I get the green light on my feed.
3. FASHION – I made my first “worst-dressed list”, although I didn’t feel so bad when I saw that Alicia Keys, Demi Lovato, Kristin Bell, and Nicole Kidman were a few of the other victims. And might I add, at the defense of these beautiful ladies and anyone else on a Worst-Dressed List, it is often the stylist who picks the clothes, not the celebrity!
4. THE SHOW – I actually got to sit and watch the show! (Usually when you host the red carpet pre-show, you don’t get tickets.) My sister, manager, and I had amazing tickets – center orchestra – and WOW! JLo, Lady Gaga, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Eminem, Jay Z and Alicia Keys, Timbaland – AMAZING PERFORMANCES! I’ve been to a few award shows before (People’s Choice, MTV VMA’s, etc) but this was by far my favorite!
5. Last but not least, it was the first time I actually went to an after party! Usually I’m so exhausted, I head straight home, but I enjoyed some cupcakes and wine with friends and my sister (who was in town from Kansas). THEN I passed out. :)
So that’s the rundown!! Hope you guys enjoyed the pre-show and/or the actual show. And a huge thanks to my co-hosts, Jenni Pulos, Julie Moran, Jai Rodriguez, David Lehre, as well as the Facebook Girls Randi and Brandi and web extraordinaire iJustine! You guys really held down the forts.
Here’s some photos of the evening if you’d like to check ’em out: